In this day and age of digital information, the print media and e-publishing industry has a very important role to play in making information available online. Digitized and published online content calls for a methodical test approach that requires not only experienced testers, but also a set of best practices that have been built over time to cover all the nuances.
We, at QA InfoTech, have worked with several leading publishers since our inception helping us formulate a test strategy specific to this industry. Our test approach enables us to catch a lot of issues upfront keeping overall quality costs low and the test maintenance effort very manageable.
We have extensively tested several file formats such as epub, OEB, MobiPocket, FictionBook, Microsoft Reader (LIT) and touched upon test types as listed below:
- UI and Functional testing
- Security – specifically in cases where Digital Rights Management has been enabled
- Performance – whether content is hosted or implemented behind a firewall
- Accessibility – especially when digitization has accommodated specific accessibility features such as content reading out and device support to enable access to physically challenged
- Usability – to ensure the current flow of content is effective to the target audience
- Globalization – if the content is being localized at the time of digitization
Our publishing domain knowledge built over years, combined with our test methodology for courseware and content testing, helps us offer a niche to the publishing clients, in assuring quality for their digitized content.