React Native has become synonymous to cross-platform application development. The pre-cross-platform era made developers struggle with the codes of Native technology to develop separate apps for different platforms. For instance, developers had to write separate codes for iOS and Android mobile app development.
React Native has eliminated this time-taking and tedious process. It has brought in WORA (Write Once, Run Anywhere) functionality to simplify the app development process. React Native has now become one of the top cross-platform frameworks.
However, React Native has its fair share of challenges and bugs. No matter how minor, they obstruct the mobile app development.
1. Time Consuming Update – The procedure to update to other versions was tedious and took a lot of time.
2. Locating Exception Purpose – React Native app development service comes with a stack hint inside the chrome debugger console. It leads to time consuming component DidCatch and debugging without much assistance.
3. Crash – App crash is common and the platform doesn’t provide rich analytics for the reason behind crash.
4. Warm Reload Issue: Reloading React local code requires the app to be reloaded.
5. RAM Package – React Native app development company can benefit if the RAM package can support structures like codepush.
What is in Store in the Latest React Native 0.61 Fast Refresh Update?
With the introduction of React Native 0.61 version, developers are now able to easily optimize the features of React Native 0.60. The update has resolved all the bugs that were present in the 0.60 version and is now loaded with enhanced features to improve the performance.
Here are some of the worth noting latest features of React Native 0.61.
- Enhanced CocoaPods Support
React Native 0.60 had a few updates to enable default integration of CocoaPods. But it used to create bugs and issues in the use_frameworks. 0.61 has fixed these issues and made it more easy and simple to integrate into iOS projects being built on dynamic frameworks.
- New useWindowDimensions Hook
Hook is the new feature that automatically offers and subscribes with dimension updates. You can also use it against Dimensions API in the majority of cases.
- Upgraded to 16.9
The new version doesn’t support old names for UNSAFE_lifecycle methods and comes with enhancements to the act.
- Fast Refresh
The new Fast Refresh feature is the combination of existing “live reloading” and “hot reloading”.
Here is how it is helping React Native developers.
- The latest Fast Refresh feature completely supports the latest React along with Hooks and function components
- It easily recovers from mistakes including typos and it even goes back to the full reload if required
- Fast Refresh doesn’t use invasive code transformation. Hence, it is reliable and trustworthy while using on default settings
- Fast Refresh works accurately for both functional and class components. It also now updates at a faster pace
In a nutshell, Fast Refresh is highly flexible and reliable. It can be said that it is identical to the Hot Reloading feature however, now it performs flawlessly.
How to Upgrade?
To upgrade to React Native 0.61 Fast Refresh, it is advisable to leverage the latest React Native Upgrade Helper. It will help you identify the files that you need to change. It might look an old-school way to upgrade but it is pretty simple.
Reach Native app development has become one of the fastest and cost-efficient means to release cross-platform applications. It helps in creating mobile apps that are secure, scalable, user-friendly, and easy to maintain.
QAIT DevLabs offer robust React Native app development services that can help you create highly-efficient and reliable mobile apps. Talk to our experts now for more details.