Software Testing is a discipline that holds a critical responsibility of ensuring a product’s quality in truly delivering value and meeting the expectations of the end user. Quality can easily become a very subjective element to deal with. It takes a lot of experience, forethought and customization to build objectivity into every test effort. Our test methodology ranges all the way from Quality Consulting to Quality Sustenance, which gives you the flexibility to pick the entire suite of services or just a specific service to meet your current quality needs.
Our test processes and methodology are strongly built on
- a well-defined test strategy and plan, to provide rigorous and structured testing;
- transparent and periodic communication with all the stakeholders;
- strong industry domain focus;
- strict use of metrics and in house frameworks to accurately measure and improve quality.
One of our core test process frameworks is QualitometerTM, an IP that we built to objectively measure quality and provide our clients valuable insights into the over product health and test progress. Metrics that we leverage here cover Product Requirements Traceability, Test Progress and Defect Management. The core metrics from these categories along with a customized set that we decide in discussion with you, based on your product, its stage in the product life cycle, past performance etc. go a long way in establishing QualitometerTM as a true value addition and not a process overhead.
We have also been closely looking at providing Service Level Agreements for our clients, built off of our core test of metrics, which help our clients perceive the level of service to expect from us and also the quality of their product, when you entrust us your product’s testing efforts. A sample set of such SLAs are as outlined here:
Product Quality Metrics:
- Defect Metrics:
- No P1, S1 bugs will be reported by anyone, for first 10-15 days of product release
- No open performance and security bugs at the time of release
Cost of Quality Metrics:
- Defect injection timelines – report bugs within a week of when they got injected into the product
- Test Automation Maintenance costs will be less than 10% of the automation development costs, in subsequent releases
Test Quality Metrics:
- Test infrastructure setup time not more than 1-3 days, from the time request comes in. This variance of 1-3 is given to accommodate complex setup needs, that some projects may require
- Bugs assigned to test will be regressed within 24 working business hours
Besides the core test processes and methodology, one area worth talking about here is our Agile Test Methodology. Agile continues to be an area of interest providing significant benefits if implemented in the true spirit. We have created our own custom methodology to support test execution in an Agile space especially involving an offshore team.
We pride on an open, transparent and objective test life cycle as part of our overall methodology. Here’s how a typical test project life cycle is setup at QA InfoTech:
For further details on our QA process, QA testing methodology and practices pertaining to specific areas, please visit our section on Methodology.